At Stonebridge Dental Associates in Havelock, NC, your beautiful smile is our success! Allow our team to become your partners for reaching your smile goals. We recognize the uniqueness in every smile, as well as the distinct wants and desires of every individual patient. Your goals can become your reality by the utilization of our team’s skills and our practice’s advanced procedures and treatment options.
Ready to get started? We know you are! Call today to book an appointment.
Bonding is an ideal option for patients suffering from minor cracks, chips, or other cosmetic flaws in their teeth. We will typically perform this on one of your front teeth if it becomes damaged due to injury or teeth grinding.
- First, we will thoroughly clean the flawed area of the tooth.
- Next, we will apply a tooth-colored composite material to the cracked or chipped surface.
- The composite will be smoothed onto the area and surrounding exterior to blend.
- Using a blue LED light, this material will be cured and hardened into position.
- We will finish the procedure by polishing the tooth-colored composite until it feels comfortable and looks perfectly natural.
The composite can last ten years when cared for properly by following good oral hygiene practices (and wearing a mouthguard for teeth grinding).
Veneers are another fantastic option for chipped and cracked teeth, and they are also able to conceal discoloration, staining, and even misalignment! Using thin shells of porcelain material, these flaws are concealed and allow you to change the overall look, size, and shape of your teeth.
Before a veneer can be applied, the natural tooth must first be prepared. This is done by removing a thin layer of enamel from the tooth’s surface so that the shell can lay against the tooth seamlessly without appearing bulky or feeling uncomfortable. Once this is done, veneers will be necessary for the rest of your life to guard against decay or sensitivity.
Once the natural tooth is prepared, your custom-made veneers are applied to the surface of each tooth. By taking good care of these appliances and regularly brushing and flossing, veneers can last 15 years before needing to be replaced.
At Stonebridge Dental Associates, we offer two different methods for professional teeth whitening. This is done in-office, through the Epic biolase laser whitening system, and with take-home trays using Opalescence.
- Our in-office method is quick, convenient, and proven effective! We will start by painting a hydrogen peroxide-based gel over your teeth. The laser will then activate the gel, removing years of stain build-up and discoloration in only 20 minutes. You can trust that you will leave our office with a much happier and more confident smile.
- The take-home method with Opalescence features a whitening kit that will gradually lift the color of stains and discoloration from your smile over ten to fourteen days. You will be provided with custom-made aligners that perfectly fit your teeth and a bleaching gel. Once you apply the bleaching gel to the aligners, simply wear the aligners to sleep each night, and you will notice a difference in the next three to five days.
Composite fillings are very similar to the bonding procedure, but fillings are used for more extensive injuries to the teeth, such as minor fractures or decay.
- Using the same tooth-colored composite material used in bonding, the damaged tooth is cleaned, dried, and prepared before applying the filling.
- Once the tooth has all areas of decay removed, the composite will be used to fill the hallowed area and sculpted to match the shape of the tooth.
- This will then be cured by an LED light and polished to ensure it looks and feels perfect for you.
Some practices use metal fillings instead of composite, which not only looks less appealing but can also increase the sensitivity of your teeth. If you have metal fillings you’re interested in replacing, call our team today, and we will get your smile restored the way you like it!
A smile makeover is just how it sounds; a complete transformation of your entire smile! We love performing these procedures and seeing patients achieve confidence in their smiles and regain the joy of smiling again.
Using any combination of cosmetic procedures, or other treatments necessary to rejuvenate your appearance, we can transform your smile and bring you exactly what you need for a healthier, aesthetically pleasing appearance. Your smile makeover may include:
- Teeth whitening
- Composite fillings
Keeping You Smiling All Day Long
At Stonebridge Dental Associates, we believe that you deserve to show off your smile. You shouldn’t ever feel the need to hesitate when capturing happy memories in pictures, sharing a laugh with loved ones, or just wanting to express your enjoyment with others; smiles were meant for sharing, and we want you to smile in confidence! Contact our office today to learn more about our cosmetic procedures.
With us, you’ll be given every tool and resource needed to advance not only your appearance but your health as well. Call today!